The first Circuit of the Castles
On the 18th of May 1930, the Aero Club Gino Lisa with the patronage of the newspaper “La Stampa” organized the first “Circuit of the Castles of Piedmont”. This was a regularity competition “with the participation of the best military and civilian pilots” (so stated the publicity). The first prize was a cup valued at 1,000 lire, a monetary prize of 2,000 lire and a silver medal offered by the Royal Aero Club of Italy (raci).
The route went from the Mirafiori airfield, to the Castle of Rivoli, the Castle of Stupinigi, the Maddalena hill and back to the Castle of Rivoli again, four circuits for a distance of some 150 kilometers.